Hello, all of those in the Blogosphere!
Well, I can't believe it's March 2 and there's over a foot of *$&%^# snow (and it's still falling!) out my front door. Thus, I'm working from home. The usual 1 hour, 20 minute commute would have been of epic proportions if I tried it...thank goodness for the Internet!
Anyway, I wanted to pass on some awesome stuff going on at A.C. Moore in celebration of National Craft Month! There's Demonstrations or Make & Takes every Saturday!
- Saturday, March 7, 2009: Beadalon(r) Springy Swingy Earrings-these are fun Quick Link earrings designed by the mahvelous Ms. Margot Potter! They are fun and easy to make.
- Saturday, March 14, 2009: Thomas the Tank "Magical" Make & Take-I knew Thomas was popular, but I never knew HOW popular! The manufacturer of this licensed line, Learning Curve, donates plain wooden Thomas cars for the kids to decorate. They are going to do a resist with Crayola white crayons and ink...should be fun! See, even kids get to do neat inky techniques!
- Saturday, March 21, 2009: Crayola(r) Beginnings "Hands On" Demonstration: kids get to play with the neat and fun inky, stampy and painty things they have for toddlers, although any age would have fun with them. I can attest to that because they're in my office and everyone picks them up to try them out!
- Sunday, March 28, 2009: Plaid(r) FolkArt Chalkboard Paint Demonstration: Okay, demo came about due to my being nosy...I wanted to know if this paint really creates a chalkboard...well, it does! It also comes in bunches of fun colors. Stop by and check this out
Even more wonderful news, is the Grand Re-opening of the Moorestown store. It's really over the border in Mt. Laurel, NJ, but the first A.C. Moore was at the Moorestown store until the early 90's when there was a fire in that part of the mall. The store relocated to East Gate Shopping Plaza; the new store is now two doors down at 1190 Nixon Drive; it's now open(although in a freaking snow storm!)...but what is so great is that there will be so many people coming to demo and teach classes.
- Saturday, March 7, 2009: THE Margot Potter will actually be doing the Make & Take that she designed at the store! After the 1-3PM Make & Take, Margot will be teaching an awesome class from 3:30-5-Pop Art Poppy Necklace! It's only $25 and includes all but one supply that will be available at the store.
- Saturday, March 14, 2009: In addition to the Thomas the Tank Make & Take, there will be the beginning of our "Register to Win" prizes; many of the prizes will be at a total of 20 neighboring stores in the South Jersey/Phila. area, but many are unique to this store. Win a chance for 4-pack tickets to the Crayola Factory, Dutch Wonderland, featuring Thomas & Friends(r) live show and Day Out with Thomas at the Strasburg Railroad! There's also some great prizes from Crayola, Badger Airbrush, a Yudu Machine from Provo(!) and tons more! There will also be demos from Ranger, Sizzix and more that I probably can't remember.
- Sunday, March 15, 2009: this is the day of days...there will be demos from Provo with the Yudu machine as well as Generation T author Megan Nicolay and other demos through the store. This store will have a new Hobby Shop (Trains, models, etc.) and there's also a Digital Crafting Section where you can get stuff personalized with photos...I can't believe all you can get done! There will probably be 8-10 demos going on, mostly between 12-3, as well as all-day hourly Gift Card giveaways. My Lead Fiskateers buddy Rebecca Peck will also be in attendance! YAY!
- Saturday, March 21, 2009: More Demos!
- Sunday, March 22, 2009: Hello, Cupcake authors Karen Tack and Alan Richardson will be here as well as demos from Fun Fusion (Perler Beads), Dimensions Punch Needle, and again, more that I can't recall!
Last but not least, Donna Dewberry will be at the store for TWO DAYS! She is a doll and very funny. You've got to try and stop by and be sure to sign up for her classes. They're only $20 plus the cost of supplies....
- Friday, March 27, 2009 12-2pm She'll demo Studio(tm) by Sculpey(r) and from 2-4pm she's teaching a class!
- Saturday, March 28, 2009 12-2pm One Stroke Demo and 2-4pm a One Stroke Class.
I'm really excited about everyone that'll be at the store this coming month. It's worth the drive as so many manufacturers can answer questions and be there. I'll make sure to pull my most recent list of events and will try and post it this week.
I'm even going to demo, Friday, March 19, 2009 from 6-8...watch out!
Happy Snow Day, everyone!